Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Post Game: Isles lose 5-0

Last night the "Islanders" lost 5-0 to the Penguins. Here's some of my notes:

-First I have Islanders in quotes because although they wear the Isles sweaters they aren't playing like an NHL team right now so I don't feel they deserve to be acknowledged as one.

-I haven't criticized Cappy much at all through this crap streak we've went through. However that was a poor job by him last night making Nilsson suffer through that game. It showed very poor judgement on his part not pulling him and saving some of Nilssons confidence. Just because the team is bad right now, doesn't mean the coach should lose common sense, and I think that happened to Jack last night by not pulling Nilsson and sticking in Dipietro.

-Well after the Bruins game Saturday I bet we all thought that would be our low point of the season. Little did we know!! I didn't know it was possible to look as bad as we have in the last two games. Something needs to be done!! And I don't mean a callup or something!

-There has been speculation on twitter that because of Mark Eatons injury a defenseman might get called up from the Soundtigers. I hope if we do its a guy with experience and not a prospect who may not be ready yet.

-The only bright side to come out of the game yesterday was David Ullstrom didn't look out of place at all last night. So that is a good sign, and hopefully he puts up some points as he gets more acclimated to the NHL game.

Next Game: Tomorrow @ Home VS Philly

No comments:

Post a Comment