Sunday, March 2, 2014

Isles Don't Show Up After 1st In 6-1 Loss To Devils

This afternoon, our Islanders fell in a lifeless performance 6-1 to the rival Devils.  Here are some of my notes:

-If today was Martin Brodeurs last start as a Devil, he sure finished on a high note.  He was very good today!

-We have beat the lack of defense excuse to death this season but even with that, today was far from Nabokov's finest game.

-I like what I see early on from Halmo, comparisons have sprout up to the way Matt Martin played when he first came up which I can definitely see.

-Since when did Josh Bailey start going at it with people?  I had to do a double take when I saw him get sent off in the middle of the second period with his 10 minute misconduct.  I feel as though he should be scratched when Nielsen returns to the lineup instead of Lee or Halmo which is who I expect.

-Congrats to Jaromir Jagr on his 700th NHL goal.  I know we aren't Devils fans, but were hockey fans to and in what was otherwise an awful game, getting to be present for history like that is something to take out of it.

-Good to see Okposo get on the board

Well, games like today are games I expect to see pretty frequently down the stretch in the final 20 or so games of the season.  It is unfortunate but at the same time it is the nature of the beast in what is yet another lost season for the Islanders.

Next Game: Tomorrow @ Home Vs Panthers

No comments:

Post a Comment