Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Isles Set to Make Boychuk Highest Paid Player on Team

According to Elliotte Friedman from Hockey Night in Canada, it is believed that the Islanders have made Johnny Boychuk at least one offer that would make him the highest paid player on the team.  This of course means his yearly salary would surpass 5.5 million dollars which is the salary of both John Tavares and now Nick Leddy.
When asked by Stan Fischler if he would be back next season following last nights victory, Boychuk said with a smile, "Hopefully."

I am very curious to see what the team ends up giving Boychuk as far as a new contract goes.  Initially, I thought that 6 million per season would get it done.  However, with Leddy getting 5.5 per season in his deal I am not sure 6 will do it for Boychuk.  His brothers seem to be confident in him remaining with the team.  For Islander fans sake, myself included, I hope they are correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment