Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Isles Fail To Show Up In 6-3 Loss To Bruins

Tonight, our Islanders fell to the Bruins by a score of 6-3.  Here are some of my notes from the game:

-Like has been the case many times this season, the defense wasn't there tonight.  I can think on the top of my head three instances where defensemen not playing defense resulted in a goal for Boston.  The most obvious one was Matt Carkner doing his best statue of liberty impression watching the play while a Bruins forward came down right behind him and finished off a pass from the point.

-Poulin wasn't all that good either.  I mean it is tough to fault him with the way the defense played.  However, on the fourth goal for example he went down way to early and gave the Bruins forward the entire top of the net to shoot at which he did.

-Good to see Grabner put one on the board after going quiet for a few games in a row.

-Great game by Okposo!  He was one of the few guys who came ready to play tonight.

There were times tonight sitting there in my seat that I started to get confused.  I started wondering if I was supposed to be watching a hockey game or a Boston Bruins practice because at times it was like the Islanders weren't even there.  For a team that is supposed to be fighting for their lives they sure didn't seem like it tonight.

Next Game: Wednesday @ Yankee Stadium VS the Rangers

No comments:

Post a Comment