Friday, December 6, 2013

Botta: Laviolette A Top Candidate Should Isles Make A Coaching Change

According to Chris Botta, should the Islanders make a coaching change former Islanders and Flyers coach Peter Laviolette would be a top candidate to take over coaching the team.


Laviolette was the coach of the Islanders for two seasons 01/02 and 03/04 before he was let go by the team.  He led the Islanders to the playoffs during both of those seasons.  Following being let go by the team he joined the Carolina Hurricanes where he won a Stanley Cup in 2006.  That year he also coached the mens Olympic team in Italy.  A year after being fired by the Hurricanes, Laviolette was named head coach of the Flyers.  In 2010 Laviolette led the Flyers to the Stanley Cup Finals against the Blackhawks and later lost in 6 games.

I think Laviolette would be a great choice for this team.  As I said in my post earlier this afternoon, in an instance like this I would absolutely be behind a coaching change.  I hope it gets done, and Laviolette makes a return to Uniondale.  I wonder if it would be weird for him to work under one of his former players?

No comments:

Post a Comment