Monday, February 27, 2012

Isles Surprise Lots of People, Deal Rolston/Mottau To Bruins!!

Well, upon getting out of class today I saw I had a few texts. One of them happened to be from a friend of mine telling me that the Islanders had traded Brian Rolston and Mike Mottau. Saying my jaw fell on the floor as I was walking to my car would be an understatement.

They in a letter text sent me the Isles tweet about the trade that they had been moved to the Boston Bruins for defenseman Marc Cantin and forward Yannick Riendeau. To actually get warm bodies back for them to really surprised me as well.

With all the negative hype surrounding the team about possibly dealing PA, this was certainly some positivity. Hopefully this little bit of extra depth with help Bridgeport on there playoff run. I dont know if I should commend Garth for actually moving them or if Garth is thanking his lucky stars that he found a taker.

Brief scouting reports on each of the players involved will follow this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment