Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Post Game: Tavares 4 point Night Leads Isles to 5-2 Victory!!

Tonight, our New York Islanders defeated the Carolina Hurricanes by a score of 5-2 in their return from the All Star Break. Here are some of my notes from the game:

-I don't think there are enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe the play of John Tavares!! He is just phenomenal!! At one point tonight I saw him single get away from three guys by himself. Also that pass to Moulson at the end of the second from behind the goal line that Moulson couldn't connect on was right on the tape, like always!

-With his four points Tavares is also pending the results of other games on the schedule tied for 4th in the league in points. Can someone tell me the last time we had someone in the top 10 in the league in points? Let alone the top 5?

-Poulin played well! Better then the afternoon game versus Nashville. I have to think that Nabby will be back between the pipes Friday in Ottawa.

-PA Parenteau continues to rack up the points!! With two more tonight he now he has 45 in 49 games. Raise your hand if you thought Parenteau would produce like this, I doubt many will raise because I don't think anyone expected him to produce at nearly a ppg (point per game)clip. The big question is will he be traded? Or will we sign him to an extension? With points like this the Islanders need to decide if they think he is capable of making it a consistent thing, or if he will be a one year wonder. Should be interesting as the trade deadline draws nearer.

-Nice to see them get a few powerplay goals tonight!

-Rhett looked good in his first game!! I more then welcome his addition to the lineup over Brian Rolston! My feelings on Rolston have been long documented in these post game posts, so I will be more then happy if we don't see Rolston in uniform for a while!

-Playing Staios over Dylan Reese confused me!! Reese had been playing pretty well so I didn't understand why they sat him down.

This is how we wanted to get back into things after the break! Now hopefully were able to continue this as we go into Ottawa on Friday.

Next Game: Friday 7:30PM @ Ottawa

No comments:

Post a Comment