Tuesday, July 30, 2013

SaveTheIsles Chats With Isles 2013 Pick Alan Quine

 
photo by Redwingscentral

Recently, we had the chance to chat with Islanders 2013 6th round pick, forward Alan Quine.  We would like to thank Alan for taking the time to chat with us.  You can follow him on twitter here.  

STICan you give people some background info on you? Has hockey always been big in your family or did you fall in love with it on your own?

AQ: Born in Belleville. Raised in Nova Scotia and Orleans, East Of Ottawa. Started skating in a ditch outside my house at 2. Hockey has always been big in our family.

STI: Growing up, did you have a favorite player? Maybe someone you tried to model your game after?

AQ: My favourite player was Hossa when he played for Ottawa. Turned to Crosby when he came into the league. He's a guy to look up to.

STI:  What was rookie camp like on the Island? Was it everything you thought it would be? Why/Why not?

AQ: I've only been to one development camp as a recent draft pick and it was a great experience. First class all around.

STI: What was running through your head when you found out the Islanders drafted you? Have you spoken to anyone from the team?

AQ:  I was driving when I heard the news. Felt a ton of excitement but had to keep my eyes on the road. Got a call from Cairns shortly after.

STI: Where do you expect to play next season? Going back to school? Or playing with Bridgeport?

AQ: I'd like to be turning pro but it's still unknown.

STI: What is something people may not know about you?

AQ: I'm a pretty good golfer and my last name originates from the Isle of Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment